January 28, 2015
In the second quarter of 2014, gross job gains from opening and
expanding private sector establishments were 7.4 million. Gross
job losses from closing and contracting private sector
establishments were 6.5 million.
- Quarterly Data on Business Employment Dynamics (HTML) (PDF) — this release includes updates for the private sector as a whole and for firm size classes.
- Quarterly Data From BLS on Business Employment Dynamics by State (TXT) (PDF) — State-level Business Employment Dynamics.
- Firm Size Class Quarterly Data (HTML) (PDF) — this initial release of firm size class data includes analysis of data series that begin in 1992.
- County Employment and Wages (HTML)
- Subscribe to the BLS News Service — receive the Quarterly Data on Business Employment Dynamics news releases by e-mail.