BLS History

BLS Building Photos

Over the last 125 years BLS resided in the various buildings shown below. Note that there is overlap in the years for many buildings, since BLS often resided in multiple buildings concurrently. Also, some building photos are not available and therefore not shown in this timeline.

Regional Offices, established beginning in 1942, are not on this list.

Kellogg Building1885–1890, Kellogg Building
1416 F St. NW

National Safe Deposit Building 1890–1909, National Safe Deposit Building
NE corner of New York & 15th St. NW

1333 F Street, NW 1909–1913, 1333 F Street, NW

Department of Commerce and Labor Building 1913–1914, Department of Commerce and Labor Building
19th St. and Pennsylvania Ave. NW

Department of Labor Building1917–1935, Department of Labor Building
1712 G St. NW

Main Labor Building1935–1956, Main Labor Building
14th St. and Constitution Ave. NW

General Accounting Office Building1956–1992, General Accounting Office Building
441 G St. NW

Columbian Building. Source: The George Washington University1965–1972, Columbian Building
416 5th St. NW

Pension Buildingy1969–1970, Pension Building
440 G St. NW

National Association of Letter Carriers Building1973–1975, National Association of Letter Carriers Building
100 Indiana Ave. NW

Frances Perkins Building1975–1991, Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Ave. NW

Bicentennial Building1980–1992, Bicentennial Building
600 E St. NW

Patrick Henry Building1983–1991, Patrick Henry Building
601 D St. NW

Postal Square Building1992–present, Postal Square Building
2 Massachusetts Ave. NE

Last Modified Date: June 12, 2012

Recommend this page using: