U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Productivity Research and Program Development
Sabrina Wulff Pabilonia, Ph.D.
Bureau of Labor Statistics,
Division of Productivity Research and Program Development
|Fields of Interest
||Labor economics; hours measurement; economics of technological change; self-employment; study of work-life balance; time use research; effects of child gender on parental time allocation; school to work transition; economics of education.
Ph.D., Economics, University of Washington, 2001
A.B., Economics, Smith College, 1992
Research Economist, Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2001-present
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- “Teenagers' Risky Health Behaviors and Time Use During the Great Recession”Review of Economics of the Household (Forthcoming)
- “What Effects do Macroeconomic Conditions Have on the Time Couples With Children Spend Together?” (with Melinda Sandler Morrill) Review of Economics of the Household (Forthcoming)
- “Single Mothers Time Preference, Smoking, and Enriching Childcare: Evidence from Time Diaries” (with Younghwan Song) Eastern Economic Journal (2013)
- “ Time to Work or Time to Play:The Effect of Student Employment on Homework, Sleep, and Screen Time” (with Charlene Kalenkoski)Labour Economics (2012)
- “Bringing Work Home: Implications for BLS Productivity Measures” (with Lucy Eldridge) Monthly Labor Review (December 2010)
- “Parental Transfers, Student Achievement, and the Labor Supply of College Students” (with Charlene Kalenkoski) Journal of Population Economics (2010)
- “Are Those Who Bring Work Home Really Working Longer Hours? Implications for BLS Productivity Measures”
(with Lucy Eldridge). In Productivity Measurement and Analysis: Proceedings from OECD workshops, Julien Dupont and Pierre Sollberger (Eds.), Swiss Federal Statistical Office, Neuchâtel, Switzerland, 2008, pp 179-209.
- “Which Workers Gain Upon Adopting a Computer?” (with Cindy Zoghi) Canadian Journal of Economics (2007)
- “The Effect of Child Gender on Parents’ Labor Supply: An Examination of Natives, Immigrants, and their Children”(with Jennifer Ward-Batts) American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings (2007)
More publications by Sabrina Wulff Pabilonia »
Last Modified Date: May 5, 2015