U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Productivity Research and Program Development
Susan Grace Powers, Ph.D.
Bureau of Labor Statistics,
Division of Productivity Research and Program Development
|Fields of Interest
||Productivity measurement; technical change; capital measurement; labor economics.
Syracuse University, BA (Economics and Political Science)
SUNY-Binghamton, PhD (Economics)
Research Economist, Bureau of Labor Statistics, 1983-present
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- “Reconciling Differences Between BEA and BLS Industry Output Measures.” Unpublished working paper. April 2008.
- “Productivity Measurement in a Decentralized Statistical System: Challenges and Opportunities” (with Robert E. Yuskavage) Parallel Session 4A: Productivity Measurement: Methodology and International Comparisons, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth (IARIW), 29th General Conference, Joensuu, Finland, August 2006.
- “An Integrated BEA/BLS Production Account: A First Step and Theoretical Considerations” (with Barbara M. Fraumeni, Michael J. Harper, and Robert E. Yuskavage). In Dale W. Jorgenson, J. Steven Landefeld and William D. Nordhaus (Eds.), A New Architecture for the U.S. National Accounts, University of Chicago Press, Chicago and London, 2006.
- “The Cyclicality of Productivity Measures: Are There Increasing Returns?” (with Michael J. Harper). Presented at the Society of Government Economists, Allied Social Sciences Meeting, January 1993.
- “Statistical needs in Eastern Europe.” Monthly Labor Review, March 1992, pp. 1828. (Editor) Economic Statistics for Economies in Transition: Eastern Europe in the 1990s. Proceedings Volume for the Conference on Economic Statistics for Economies in Transition: Eastern Europe in the 1990s, sponsored by the Bureau of Labor Statistics and Eurostat, held February 14-16, 1991 in Washington, D.C.
- “Cyclicality of Labor Productivity Measures" (with Lawrence J. Fulco and Michael J. Harper). Presented at the Atlantic Economic Association Meeting, December 1990.
- “Cyclical Movements in Bureau of Labor Statistics Multifactor Productivity Measures and Capacity Utilization.” BLS Working Paper 128, August 1989.
- “The Role of Capital Discards in Multifactor Productivity Measurement.” Monthly Labor Review, June 1986, pp. 27-35.
More publications by Susan Grace Powers »
Last Modified Date: February 25, 2009