U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
International Labor Comparisons
Monthly Labor Review Articles
How to view a PDF File.
Archive of MLR Articles on Productivity and Technology.
Overview of International Comparisons of Labor Statistics
- "Providing Comparable International Labor Statistics," PDF by Patricia Capdevielle and Mark K. Sherwood, June 2002.
International Comparisons of Manufacturing Productivity and Unit Labor Costs
- "Comparing 50 Years of Labor Productivity in U.S. and Foreign Manufacturing," PDF by Aaron E. Cobet and Gregory A. Wilson, June 2002.
- "A Perspective on the U.S.-Canada Manufacturing Productivity Gap," PDF by Lucy P. Eldridge and Mark K. Sherwood, February 2001.
- "International Labor Productivity and per Capita Income," PDF by Bart van Ark and Robert McGuckin, July 1999.
- "U.S. and Foreign Productivity and Unit Labor Costs," PDF by Christopher Sparks and Mary Greiner, February 1997.
- "Manufacturing Multifactor Productivity in Three Countries," PDF by Wolodar Lysko, July 1995.
- "Manufacturing Prices, Productivity, and Labor Costs in Five Economies," PDF by Bart van Ark, July 1995.
- "Manufacturing Costs, Productivity, and Competitiveness: 1979-93," PDF by Edwin R. Dean and Mark K. Sherwood, October 1994.
International Comparisons of Hourly Compensation Costs in Manufacturing
- "China's employment and compensation costs in manufacturing through 2008," PDF by Judith Banister and George Cook, March 2011.
- "Compensation costs in manufacturing across industries and countries, 1975-2007," PDF by Elizabeth Zamora and Jacob Kirchmer, June 2010.
- "Labor Costs in India's Organized Manufacturing Sector," PDF by Jessica Sincavage, Carl Haub, and O.P. Sharma, May 2010.
- "China's manufacturing employment and compensation costs: 2002-06," PDF by Erin Lett and Judith Banister, April 2009.
- "Labor Costs of Manufacturing Employees in China: An Update to 2003-04," PDF by Erin Lett and Judith Banister, November 2006.
- "Manufacturing Earnings and Compensation in China," PDF by Judith Banister, August 2005.
- "A Perspective on U.S. and Foreign Compensation Costs in Manufacturing," PDF by Chris Sparks, Theo Bikoi, and Lisa Moglia, June 2002.
- "International Comparisons of Manufacturing Compensation," PDF by Janet Kmitch, Pedro Laboy, and Sarah Van Damme, October 1995.
International Comparisons of Labor Force, Employment, and Unemployment
- "Comparative Civilian Labor Force Statistics, 10 Countries: A Visual Essay," PDF by Jennifer Raynor, December 2007.
- "A Visual Essay: International Labor Market Comparisons," PDF by Marie-Claire Guillard, April 2006.
- "U.S. Labor Market Performance in International Perspective," PDF by Constance Sorrentino and Joyanna Moy, June 2002.
- "Employment and Unemployment in Mexico in the 1990s," PDF by Gary Martin, November 2000.
- "The Role of Entrepreneurship in U.S. and European Job Growth," PDF by Robert W. Bednarzik, July 2000.
- "International Unemployment Rates: How Comparable are They?" PDF by Constance Sorrentino, June 2000.
- "The Role of Self-Employment in U.S. and Canadian Job Growth," PDF by Marilyn E. Manser and Garnett Picot, April 1999.
- "Low Unemployment in the Czech Republic: 'Miracle' or 'Mirage'?" PDF by Robert J. Gitter and Markus Scheuer, August 1998.
- "Part-time and Temporary Employment in Japan," PDF by Susan Houseman and Machiko Osawa, October 1995.
- "International Unemployment Indicators, 1983-1993," PDF by Constance Sorrentino, August 1995.
- "Employment and Unemployment in Mexico's Labor Force," PDF by Susan Fleck and Constance Sorrentino, November 1994.
- "Employment Change and Sectoral Distribution in 10 Countries, 1970-90," PDF by Todd Godbout, October 1993.
- "Japan's Low Unemployment: A BLS Update and Revision," PDF by Sara Elder and Constance Sorrentino, October 1993.
- "International Comparisons of Unemployment Indicators," PDF by Constance Sorrentino, March 1993.
International Comparisons of Consumer Prices
- "International Comparisons of Harmonized Indexes of Consumer Prices," PDF by Jessica Sincavage, February 2007.
- "Comparing U.S. and European inflation: the CPI and the HICP," PDF by Walter Lane and Mary Lynn Schmidt, May 2006.
International Comparisons of Other Labor Statistics
- "Communication on Workplace Injuries," PDF by Amy Seale, November 2009.
- "A Portrait of the Youth Labor Market in 13 Countries, 1980-2007," PDF by Gary Martin, July 2009.
- "International Comparisons of Hours Worked: An Assessment of the Statistics," PDF by Susan Fleck, May 2009.
- "Manufacturing Employment in China," PDF by Judith Banister, July 2005.
- "Families and Work in Transition in 12 Countries, 1980-2001," PDF by Gary Martin and Vladimir Kats, September 2003.
- "International Price Comparisons Based on Purchasing Power Parity," PDF by Michelle A. Vachris and James Thomas, October 1999.
- "Trends in Retirement Age in Four Countries, 1965-95," PDF by Murray Gendell, August 1998.
- "New Views of Inequality Trends in Canada and the United States," PDF by Michael C. Wolfson and Brian B. Murphy, April 1998.
- "Union Membership Statistics in 12 Countries," PDF by Clara Chang and Constance Sorrentino, December 1991.
- "The Changing Family in International Perspective," PDF by Constance Sorrentino, March 1990.
Last Modified Date: May 31, 2013